Sunday, April 12, 2009

the concept of it all.

So today i was talking to a friend who never goes to church.

It was like 2 in the morning. And i'm not usually up this late when there's church in the morning but i was too full to go to sleep. Long story short, i was talking to my friend. And he says, "I have to go soon, Rachel. I have to wake up to go to church for Easter Service."

My eyes almost popped out of my head.. No. Out of it's socket? Maybe that's the better way to say it.

Easter has never been a big deal for me. (Oh no! What crazy talk is this?)

To me, the great thing about Easter is that someone created a Bunny who hides our pretty chocolate eggs.

Don't get me wrong. I know the theory behind Easter. It's a day of celebration. It's the day that Jesus resurrected :)

It's a day to remind us of His goodness and mercy and grace. Yes.

But shouldn't we be reminded of all that daily? Well, if not daily, constantly? (I admit that i don't do it as often as i should. But i am reminded of it more than ONCE a year.)

I don't know. For the past few days, this is what i have been struggling with. The idea of Easter.

Should it just be ONE day where we get all religious and go to church because Jesus died and rose again, that's cool and we should give him props?

Shouldn't it be submitting to His grace everyday?

Maybe someone can give me some insight? I don't have the answer or even a clue on this one.

Perhaps i will get some insight tomorrow at church :P i can't be missing Easter Service now can i? Hahaha.

For now, I'm just going to sleep and pray that Easter Service will do miracles in my friend's life. That he will give more than props to Jesus but perhaps maybe his life too? :)

Peace out!

1 comment:

Joash Chan said...

good post. I'm linking it with my next blogpost. And don't switch to wordpress - i've made that mistake before!!