Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Dreams of Becoming A Hobo, Let's Strike That.

As many of you know, i've always wanted to become a hobo in NYC. I kid you not. And you know it! :P

Weeeell, I take it back! And let's pray that it never happens to ANYONE!

I was forced to spend a night in the city with no where to go when it was negative 2 degrees!

Let me fill you in with details..

Ok. It started off with me editing at school, knowing that my call time the next day was at 6.45am.. at Grand Central Station because i had to catch a train upstate.

I wanted to leave at 10pm! I promise. But editing got to addicting! I was in the groove~ Hehehe

Soooo.. edit edit edit.. and before i knew it.. it's 2.30AM!!!!

The things that went through my mind:
  • "WHAT??!"
  • "I feel like curtsying."
  • "Should i go home??" (Mind you, I live 1 hour away from school but with public transportation at that hour, I would have ended up reaching home in 2 hours AND on top of that, I would have to wait for the bus for about an hour in waaay too little clothes for negative 2 degrees windy weather.)
  • "I have too little footage."
  • "Should i just sleep in the school till 6am?"
  • "Need sleep."
  • "My film does not make ANY sense! Gahh!"
  • "Need food."
  • "Mom sent me an email on how to lose fats. I should be worried."
  • "Monkeys. Bananas. Cupcakes."
  • "Let's do a funny dance!"

So ANYWAY.. My friend was in the edit lab as well and we decided to get food. Went outside. Wind blew. Forget it. I'm not going anywhere tonight.

Friend said, "It's too dangerous to not go home now. I'll stay with you till you go to Grand Central!"

Nice friend. Yay! :) :) :)

So we slept on the couch in the couch in the school. The couch was NOT soft.

BUT.. at 5am.. Mike from the edit lab woke us up and was like.. "What are you guys still doing here?! I have to lock up. You have to go."

Something along those lines. I was too sleepy to coomprehend.

So okay.. We walked out into the blistering cold and got to the subway station and friend and i got on the train to go to Grand Central. 1 hr and 45 mins to call time. Great.

So when we got to Grand Central, we decided to sleep on the floor. So we did.

At 5.35am.. a cop woke us up and..

Cop: You guys catching a train?
Us: Yes
Cop: What time?
Us: 7.18am

Then cop walks away. We go back to sleep.

At 5.45 am.. same cop wakes us up..

Cop: People are coming in. You can't sleep here. Get up!

So we woke up. And friend said, "Rachel. I have to go home."

Not wanting to destroy our friendship, I walked friend to train station and said bye and goodnight and thank you and fluffy dreams and all that jazz.

Then, I went back to the center of Grand Central and went back to sleep. Cop walks by a few times, look at the hobo-rific me, shakes head and walks away.

Summary of things that happened next:
  • Got a phone call from asha saying that she was gonna be late. Got frustrated. Snap snap. "Hurry please!" Was a little rude. SORRY ASHA!! :(
  • Got wandering crew members together.
  • Mune says something ridiculous. YELL something no one would ever comprehend. People stopped and stared. VERY EXTREMELY SORRY MUNE!! :( :(
  • Tim made joke. I was not amused. Sorry Tim.
And all that happened waay before 7.30am! Wheee!!

Also wanna say that i didn't sleep the night before either. It was about 60 hours of being awake before i went to sleep. Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all.

---

So that's it! My adventures in New York! Isn't it fun?

Yeah. No more hobo dreams. WooHoo! :)

Love.

1 comment:

Qing Qing said...

Rachel
My English still not well...
I can't understand what were you write in your blog...
Sooooo sad....
Wuuuuu~~~~

But happy to know you have a nice friend there called Mike...
haha~~

Keep in touch...
Muack@