Thursday, September 18, 2008

Unrequited Love.

I've been blogging waaaay too much. But I found something worth blogging about today. Don't worry.. It's not nonsense like Bunnies or Smelly Socks.

I was doing research for my Thesis and I found some really cool stuff about unrequited love that i thought i should blog about. Hehe

Quote from a Japanese poet, Ōtomo no Yakamochi:

"Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."

Verse from Abraham Cowley:
"A mighty pain to love it is,
And 'tis a pain that pain to miss;
But of all pains, the greatest pain
It is to love, but love in vain."
Poem by Robert Burns:
"Anna, thy charms my bosom fire,
And waste my soul with care;
But ah! how bootless to admire,
When fated to despair!
Yet in thy presence, lovely Fair,
To hope may be forgiven;
For sure 'twere impious to despair
So much in sight of heaven."
TeeHee! Isn't it beautiful and sweet yet extremely sad at the same time?

Hope you enjoyed another one of my random nonsense! :)

No comments: